Wow, didn’t realise how long its been since the last post!! So much has been going on. The short version:
1. Callum did end up getting his first two teeth, one just before and one just after Christmas. All things considered, it was pretty smooth sailing.
2. We are now up to three solids meals a day and Callum is loving it. He’s eating all sorts now. Chicken, broccoli, pear, carrots, fish, sweet potato, mushrooms, zucchini, pancakes, weetbix, beef, apple, strawberries, spinach, almond butter, peaches, watermelon, toast fingers, tomatos, cheese…. And so on.
3. We had a lovely first Xmas together down in Albany with family. A very relaxing two week break. We also had James’ Dad and his wife visiting in Perth just before Christmas and spent some quality family time together.
4. Callum has been going through an ‘interesting’ bedtime phase recently due to separation anxiety (a natural development in babies) as he realises we can walk away and leave him. . We had a week and a half of struggling to settle him before putting in place a revised bedtime routine. This seems to be working well and things have improved no end.
5. Callum had his first ‘dip’ (I think we got his feet in and not much else) in the ocean down in Albany. He wasn’t super keen given he’s used to swimming in a heated pool, but he did enjoy just hanging out at the beach in the sea air. He also had his first fishing experience (well, Callum and I hung out on the riverbank while James and my brother helped my niece and nephew to fish).
6. James and I managed to have a couple of date nights during the festive season while various grandparents baby sat 🙂
All in all its been a lovely (but busy) few months. How did you celebrate the festive season?