This delicious recipe is another that originated with Nancy’s cooking classes in Canberra. I dug it out again tonight and thought it was fabulous. From the lack of leftovers it seems my guests agreed.
Coconut Pie Recipe
By December 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 20 mins
A delicious coconut pie perfect for a hot summer evening.
- 125 g butter
- 1 Cup castor sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Can Coconut cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Plain flour
- 1 Cup Desiccated coconut
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the flour, coconut cream, vanilla and milk and beat until well mixed.
- Fold through the desiccated coconut.
- Pour into a well greased pie tin and bake at 180C for 60 minutes.
- Let cool and then top with whipped cream and your choice of fresh fruits.