This recipe can be made with nearly any bits and pieces that you have in the fridge at the end of the week and will result in a tasty dish that you can have on its own or use as a side with something else with something else. As you can see from the pictures, this time we enjoyed it with Barbecue Pork Fillets. It’s also a great way to use up left over rice if you have any.
I hope you enjoy and that you are willing to share your own variations.
By June 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
A quick and easy recipe to use up left over rice and any other tasty bits and pieces in the fridge.
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 rashers bacon sliced
- 1 onion chopped - brown or red - up to you
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 chilli finely chopped - optional, and seeded if you don't like the heat
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions chopped - about 2cm pieces
- 1/2 head broccoli chopped into small floretes
- 2 tablespoons oil any light flavored oil is fine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce add more if needed
- 4 cups cooked rice best if cooked the day before and left in the fridge.
- Heat a BBQ plate or wok over a high heat and add half the oil.
- Whisk the eggs and spread thinly over the plate to create an omelette. Slice the omelette into long strips as it cooks and then remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the bacon and onion for a minute or two until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and chilli and stir fry for another minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables and stir fry for another two minutes.
- Add the rice and continue to stir fry until the rice is heated through.
- Add the soy sauce and mix well. Taste and add some more if necessary.
- Add the omelette slices and toss through until warm.
- Serve in a large bowl.