This is a basic pasta dough recipe. The first time I made it I was amazed at how simple it was.
Basic Pasta Dough Recipe
By July 6, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 mins
This is a basic pasta dough recipe. The first time I made it I was amazed at how simple it was. [caption id="attachment_501" …
- Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Crack the eggs into the well.
- Mix the flour and eggs with a fork until the dough has mostly formed. If it is a little dry add a tablespoon or so of water.
- Knead the dough until it has come together and forms a smooth ball. If you cut the dough and it has many air bubbles then keep kneading. Cover with a cloth and rest for an hour.
- Cut the dough into four pieces and dust with flour to prevent them sticking. Flatten one piece and run two or three times through a pasta machine of the widest setting. Then fold the sheet in three and run through the machine again. Repeat this process another three times.
- If the dough starts sticking dust with more flour and then gradually reduce the settings on the pasta machine. The dough should only need to be run through once on each setting.
- Cut the pasta into whatever shapes you wish. For fettucini cut the sheets into 30cm lengths and then run once through the machines cutters. Dust with flower and store on a tray.
- Cook immediately for about 4-5 minutes in boiling salted water. Alternately, dry on a rack and store for a month or more, or freeze and use when needed.