The original recipe for these lamb chops came from some cooking classes that I did many moons ago in Canberra. Since then they have been modified in various ways and most times that I make them there is something that is a little bit different.
Tonight we had them with fried rice and a lovely glass of red and it certainly fit the spot.
Asian Spiced Lamb Chops Recipe
By July 4, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 mins
The original recipe for these lamb chops came from some cooking classes that I did many moons ago in Canberra. Since then they have …
- 750 g Lamb loin chops
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 thumb ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp cardamon ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp star anice ground
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Trim the chops of most of their fat and season with the salt.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix together to form a paste. Coat both sides of the chops with the marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour before cooking.
- Cook the chops on a hot grill for about 2-3 minutes per side. Let the chops rest covered in a warm place for a few minutes, then enjoy.