This simple pizza dough is really easy and makes a lovely crispy pizza base. Last time I made it it was used in a simple herb pizza just topped with a fresh herb oil and rock salt, and also in some spinach and mushroom calzone. I need more practice with the calzone so I might put that recipe up when it is perfected.
Simple Pizza Dough Recipe
By July 3, 2014Published:
- Yield: 3 medium pizzas (3-4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 18 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 28 mins
Simple pizza dough. Top with fillings of your choice.
- 7 g dried instant yeast
- 1 cup tepid water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups strong (baker's) flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a warmed bowl with the teaspoon of sugar. I do this straight in my kitchenaid mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, oil, and 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Using a kitchen mixer with a dough hook, mix on speed 2 for about a minute. Slowly add the remaining flour a little at a time until the dough clings to the hook and cleans the side of the bowl. Knead for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the dough into a greased bowl, cover and leave for an hour or so in a warm space until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch the dough down and place back in the bowl to rise for another 45 minutes.
- Portion the dough, give a quick knead on a floured bench, and top with your favourite toppings. Cook in a 200C oven for about 16-18 minutes until the crust is crispy and golden brown.